Get Answers to Your Bankruptcy Questions
I am an experienced personal bankruptcy and debt relief attorney serving Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I will tell you what you can expect in the bankruptcy process, help you through the process, and help you make the best decisions to get you back on track.
Use my website as a resource to learn about bankruptcy and contact me directly to ask your bankruptcy question or to schedule your free bankruptcy consultation. ~Robert B. Jacqaurd
A Few Facts About Bankruptcy Law
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows you to eliminate only your consumer debt, but allows you to keep your mortgage and car.
- Chapter 13 debt relief allows you to consolidate ALL of your debt, including student loans and taxes into a structured debt repayment plan.
- Approximately ninety-five percent of American workers still qualify for bankruptcy under the Chapter 7 laws.
- Most people who file for bankruptcy are hardworking, honest people who have repaid their original amount borrowed, but can't get ahead of the interest.
Common Myths About Filing Bankruptcy
- You won't be able to borrow money for at least ten years following a bankruptcy.
- You will lose your house to foreclosure and your car will be repossessed.
- You will never get a mortgage approved so you can move out of your apartment.
- Bankruptcy is a form of theft and cheating the system.
- I will lose my car if I file for bankruptcy.
- My employer will fire me for if I file for bankruptcy
- My credit will be ruined for the rest of my life if I file for Bankruptcy.